Activated Carbon Filter;
Carbon is a very versatile and highly effective water treatment medium. It has immense surface area. Approximately half a kilogram of carbon contains a surface area of over 50 hectares (0.5 square kilometers). It is the best known treatment for organic chemicals, volatile organic chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, chlorine and its by-products. It is also an unchallenged taste and odor improver.
- Allows more contact time with the water for better chemical removal
- Higher flow rate than carbon block filters
- Some cartridge models are refillable
- Option to use silver carbon for added micro-biological protection (rain water)
- Most common cartridge sizes available